Friday, January 28, 2011

CORRECTION!

Well, we are shifting gears!! Apparently, the ultrasound picture of girl parts I have on my fridge is lying :) Our most recent ultrasound, according to our midwife, shows definite boy parts! (I should have had her print out a picture for me because I keep looking at the picture on my fridge and thinking of how sure I've been all along that its a girl and I'm still trying to convince myself we're having a boy!) 

Our precious boy's name is Tucker Kreg Kell!  Tucker has been Kreg's favorite boy name for a while now and I wanted him to have his daddy's name as his middle name-- I think he will be proud when he's old enough to understand :) 

I can't even begin to explain the emotions I have felt over the past few days!  I've heard of this happening quite a bit, but never really thought through how it would feel!  I can just imagine God up there "flipping on the boy switch" and laughing at me as I put my faith in modern technology :) I've been bonding with my daughter over the past month, praying for her and dreaming about her and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that this little boy I love SO much already is actually the same person as the little girl I've been loving the past month... it seems like it should be a much easier transition!

Things I have learned/been reminded of these past few days:
* Plans RARELY work out exactly like we think (God reminds me of this a lot!)
* I bond with my babies in womb more than I ever knew!
* I do want more than 2 kids :) now that I have all this girl stuff, might as well try again :)
* I am SO excited that my boys will be the right age to be playmates and life-long buddies
* I believe God has His hand in planning my family and that this BOY has big things in store!


All that being said, we are all excited all over again!  Two boys is something my family has never done! We are gearing up for all the energy, competition, and EATING that will characterize our family in years to come!  Kreg is super excited and already dreaming of his two hunting/fishing/football buddies! I am praying for the energy to take on raising two boys and that Kreg & I will be able to raise both of our sons to be strong, godly, leaders who respect and treasure women and desire to be pillars in their families, churches, and communities.  OH, AND I'm dreaming about matching church clothes until they're old enough to dislike it... I always liked doing that with my dolls when I was little, haha!


A few pictures for you... 
 the beautiful flowers Kreg brought me when we found out this baby is actually a boy!




the fabric I bought to do his bedding-- it'll be a safari theme!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness--what a shocker!! I speak from experience...having two boys close to the same age is just WONDERFUL!!!! And having THREE boys is even better! Okay, I'm a little biased.

    ReplyDelete