Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Eventful May

As always, May has brought with it many reasons to celebrate!  I love how the vast majority of them serve as reminders to me of how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family.

We started with Mother's Day, of course, which was very nice!  It probably goes without saying that I just LOVE being a mommy.  Today started out with paying bills (ick!) and being thrown up on by my poor toddler who has a nasty cough... but I LOVE being a mommy!  Even when my day starts out like that, I really just cannot get enough of it.  Anyway, that's a side note.  I'm thankful that we set aside a day for mother's.  Not only does it give me a chance to be thankful for the wonderful mother I have, as well as my grandmothers and mother-in-law, but it reminds me how blessed I am!  I had no idea what I was in for when Westin came in to our lives :) 



A few days later, we celebrated Westin's 2nd birthday!  We had so much fun!  We had lots of our family over and Kreg made sub sandwiches and we had a "two-two train" party!  It was SO much fun to watch Westin this year.  He was able to get really excited for his party in the days leading up to it and we wrapped presents for him a couple days early and it was ALL he could do to wait... in fact, one of the presents mysteriously lost its ribbons and bow and the tape on top.  He reminds me so much of his daddy!  The morning of his party we all went to Wal-Mart to have his balloons blown up and he proudly carried them all the way out of the store :).  He was completely overwhelmed with gifts!  He got about halfway through and had to take a break and play with some before he could open any more.  We are so blessed and so very thankful for all our wonderful family who pitched in and spoiled our boy on his birthday! 


 As I mentioned earlier, the anticipation of the party was just nearly as much as Wes could handle... that goes for the cake as well.  I finished it the afternoon before his party and spent that evening and the next morning piecing it back together after he disassembled it :) Needless to say... it was not EXACTLY in as good of shape by the time the party came around, but my little boy loved it and that's what made me happy :)



After Westin's birthday, we celebrated my sister, Kortney's birthday and my mom's birthday, and my parents' anniversary.  Like I said... we pack a lot into May.  I am relieved that it is now June and Tucker will not be another May baby :) Although, after paying bills this morning, I'm still wondering what we were thinking when we decided that ANY TIME after May would be fine for our next baby... we should have given ourselves at least a couple of months of recovery :) Oh, well!  Obviously, I'm thankful that he will be here soon and that I don't have a couple more months to wait for him!

Kreg & I celebrated our 3rd anniversary yesterday! Most days it doesn't seem like we've already been married that long... but when I start thinking about all the major life changes that have occurred in our lives since then, it seems like SURELY it's been longer! We both feel so blessed in our life together and have had SO much fun with all of the things we've done in the past three years.  We can't wait to see what all our God has in store for our future!  We know it will NOT be dull.  Kreg & I went out over the weekend for lunch & a movie and left Westin with my sister.  It was a very nice time, just for us :)  Then, yesterday morning, we went to Chick-fil-A for breakfast because on the morning of our wedding Kreg surprised me with breakfast from Chick-fil-A so we thought it would be a good little tradition.  It may seem like a simple thing but it was special to us!  I really do believe that enjoying life is all about enjoying the simple things.  




June is here, and we are 38 weeks along!  We are ALMOST ready for Tucker to join our family!  I know the next few weeks will be very exciting as we anticipate his birthday and I attempt to get all of my last-minute things done.  Keep us in your prayers as we wait and anticipate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment